Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out! is the fifth entry in the Leisure Suit Larry series of graphical adventure games developed and published by Sierra On-Line on June 15, 1993 for MS-DOS and Windows, with the Macintosh version being released on January 1994. An enhanced version of Leisure Suit Larry 6 produced in CD-ROM format a year after its original release.
The plot continues the exploits of series protagonist Larry Laffer, who has won a free trip to a luxurious health spa populated by women. Unlike the previous game, it is again possible for Larry to die in various ways, though the series' traditionally black humor is toned down.
Larry Laffer is once again single at the outset of the game, no longer dating/married to Patti (Official Book of LSL actually indicates that he is still with Patti during the events of the game, but they are not married yet). After competing in a television dating show dubbed "Stallions", Larry wins an all-expenses paid trip to La Costa Lotta, a refined health spa. Due to his status as non-paying guest, he is treated rudely by the staff and given the worst room on the premises. As such, none of the available women in the resort want anything to do with Larry, though it is possible to change their minds with the right gifts.
The nine romantic interests include Gammie, a receptionist whose svelte upper body conceals an enormous lower half; Rose Eleeta, a Spanish beauty; Thunderbird, a female weightlifter; Charlotte Donay, who spends most of her time in a mud bath; Burgundy, a singer who performs at the jazz bar; Cavaricchi, an aerobics instructor; Shablee, a makeup artist; Merrily Lowe, a bungee jumping enthusiast; and Shamarra Payne, a depressed New Age follower.
- Designed, written, directed and produced: Al Lowe
- Art Director: William D. Skirvin
- Lead Programming: Juan Carlos Escobar
- Animation:Karin Ann Young, Donovan Skirvin, Russell Truelove, Phy Williams
- Music and Sound Effects: Dan Kehler
- MIDIfied Musicians: Christopher Braymen (trombone solos), Neal Grandstaff (guitar solos), Al Lowe (saxophone solos)
- Programmer: Chris Carr, Victor Sadauskas
- System Programmers: Ed Critchlow, Ken Koch, Terry McHenry, Martin Peters
- Director of Technology: Bill Crow
- Systems Technologists: Dan Foy, Brian K. Hughes, Larry Scott, Christopher Smith, Mark Wilden
- Sierra's Creative Interpreter: Ed Critchlow, Dan Foy, J. Mark Hood, Ken Koch, Terry McHenry, Martin Peters, Larry Scott, Christopher Smith, Mark Wilden
- Cavalry Coding: William Shockley
- Backgrounds: Ruben Huante, William D. Skirvin, Phy Williams
- Character Design and Babes: Ruben Huante
- Quality Assurance: Danny A. Woolard
- Spanish Translation: Randall Mage
- Documentation and Calendar Design: Maria Fruehe, Nathan Gams
- Customer Service: Bob Kinnear
- Final Configuration Tester: Roger Clendenning, Douglas Wheeler
- Beta Tester: Paul Anderson, Rich Cermele, Sharlene Howard, Terry Howard, Dena Johnson, Bill Larkins, Ivan Luk, Penny May, Della Rogers, Neil Rubenking
- Special Thanks: Robert Ballew, Bill Crow, J. Mark Hood, Margaret Lowe, Sarah Skirvan, James W. Thomas, Ken Williams
- Leisure Suit Larry 6 Patch (LS6PAT): This patch will fix the following problems:
- An "Oops" error that occurs on the beach after lighting the "Lamp of Wisdom".
- An "Oops" error that occurs on the beach when trying to light the match.
- Allows Larry to stop the tram more than once if he doesn't get the batteries the first time.
- Leisure Suit Larry Collection (LSL6SG): For the Leisure Suit Larry Collection version of Leisure Suit Larry 6. Use the save files (lsl6sg.013 and lsl6sg.cat) to restore just past the Lockup when filling the lamp with cellulite. You may notice some inventory items you did not have earlier. Larry 6 is a non-linear game, and as such, you may end up with more or less points and inventory objects.
- Leisure Suit Larry 6 CD Gravis UltraSound Drivers (GUS32): Provides support for the Gravis Ultrasound sound card. These Gravis Ultrasound Drivers will also work with some other Sierra 32 bit games. These drivers will not work on earlier Sierra games.
- Leisure Suit Larry Collection (lsl6sg): This is a BETA patch for the Leisure Suit Larry Collection version of Leisure Suit Larry 6. Use the save files (lsl6sg.013 and lsl6sg.cat) to restore just past the lockup when filling the lamp with cellulite. You may notice some inventory items you did not have earlier. Larry 6 is a non-linear game, and as such, you may end up with more or less points and inventory objects.
- Leisure Suit Larry Collection DOSBox Update (LSLCollectionDBUpdate): This patch will allow the use of the greatly improved newer versions of DOSBox over the version 0.63 that shipped with the Collection. Also includes the NewRisingSun patches for lSL1VGA, LSL3 and LSL5. The patch also restores the missing install files to configure the games' settings. After running the update, you will find new shortcuts in the "Sierra\Leisure Suit Larry Collection" folder in the Start Menu. The launcher will no longer be needed. NOTE: If you do not have the latest DOSBox installed in "Program Files\DOSBox" for 32-bit Windows or "Program Files (x86)\DOSBox" for 64-bit Windows allow this updater to download and install the DOSBox for you.
- Al Lowe's Humor Site, Leisure Suit Larry 6 Design Document
- Larry Laffer Dot Net, Leisure Suit Larry 6 Script
- Sierra Help, Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out! Help
- Sierra Chest, Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!
- Moby Games, Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!
- The Cutting Room Floor, Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!
- Hardcore Gaming 101, Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!
- Midi Music Adventures, Leisure Suit Larry 6 Soundtrack
- Quest Studios Archive Supplement, Leisure Suit Larry 6 Soundtrack