Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards is a remake of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards not only written in Sierra's new SCI programming language, but also with redrawn VGA graphics. The game also features new MIDI music compositions. While the original game used a text parser, the remake utilizes an icon-based point-and-click interface with six options: Walk, Look, Take, Talk, Zipper, and Smell. This game introduces the “zipper” icon, which allows Larry to unzip his fly on things. The plot is still the same: Larry heads to Lost Wages to lose his virginity. Many of the puzzles were unchanged, just rewritten to use the 6-icon interface.
Behind the scenes
In various sources this remake is treated as sort of an alternate universe/time travel adventure (same Larry reliving his life in an alternate Lost Wages), a remake documentary filmed by Larry Laffer, or a Video Game Larry 'remade' based on his past experiences. In many cases he is self aware of future adventures.
- Executive Producer: Ken Williams
- Creative Director: Bill Davis
- Director / Theme Song Composer: Al Lowe
- Producer: Stuart Moulder
- Game Designer: Al Lowe
- Art Designer: William D. Skirvin
- Lead Programmer: Oliver Brelsford
- Composer: Christopher Braymen
- Animator: Eric Apel, Roger Hardy Jr., Desie Hartman, Jennifer Shontz, William D. Skirvin, Barry T. Smith, Russell Truelove
- Background Artist: Jay Allan Friedmann, Jane Cardinal, Maurice Morgan, Jennifer Shontz, William D. Skirvin
- Programmer: Oliver Brelsford, Mike Larsen, Al Lowe
- Witty Text and Documentation: Josh Mandel
- Music Director: Mark Seibert
- Sound Effects: Christopher Braymen, Orpheus Hanley, Mark Seibert
- System Programmer: Dan Foy, Pablo Ghenis, Eric Hart, Robert Eric Heitman, J. Mark Hood, Larry Scott, Christopher Smith, Jeff Stephenson, Mark Wilden
- Quality Assurance: Keri Cooper, Mike Pickhinke
- Spanish translation: Randall Mage
- Box Art Design: Terry Robinson
- Leisure Suit Larry 1 VGA SoundBlaster Patch (486SBDRV): For the remake (VGA) of Leisure Suit Larry1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards. Corrects "error 29, unable to initialize audio hardware". Updated driver works with faster systems using the SoundBlaster 16.
- Leisure Suit Larry 1 Updated Sound Drivers (E29PATCH): For the remake (VGA) of Leisure Suit Larry1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards. This file contains two drivers that have been designed for compatibility with 486 systems, MTBLAST.DRV and SNDBLAST.DRV
- Leisure Suit Larry 1 VGA SoundBlaster Patch (486SBDRV) Leisure Suit Larry I VGA Patch (LSL1_NRS): For the remake (VGA) of Leisure Suit Larry1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards. This non-Sierra update is one of NewRisingSun's script level timer bugs patches. Note: You must restore a game saved prior to entering an area whose script code is patched.
- Leisure Suit Larry Collection DOSBox Update (LSLCollectionDBUpdate): This patch will allow the use of the greatly improved newer versions of DOSBox over the version 0.63 that shipped with the Collection. Also includes the NewRisingSun patches for lSL1VGA, LSL3 and LSL5. The patch also restores the missing install files to configure the games' settings. After running the update, you will find new shortcuts in the "Sierra\Leisure Suit Larry Collection" folder in the Start Menu. The launcher will no longer be needed. NOTE: If you do not have the latest DOSBox installed in "Program Files\DOSBox" for 32-bit Windows or "Program Files (x86)\DOSBox" for 64-bit Windows allow this updater to download and install the DOSBox for you.
- Sierra Help, Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards VGA Help
- Sierra Chest, Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards VGA
- Moby Games, Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards VGA
- Midi Music Adventures, Leisure Suit Larry I VGA Soundtrack
- Quest Studios Archive Supplement, Leisure Suit Larry 1 (VGA) & 2 (Selections) Soundtrack