The Leisure Suit Larry series is a comedy video game series designed by Al Lowe, Mark Crowe, Josh Mandel, and Don Munsil, among others, and initially published by Sierra On-Line, with two later titles published by Codemasters and Replay Games respectively. Most titles in the series are adventure games. Later titles not by Al Lowe broke the formula. Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, for instance, used minigames to progress. Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust had 3D open-world gameplay.
The initial Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards was a graphical remake of Chuck Benton's text adventure game Softporn Adventure. In late 1986, Ken Williams suggested that Al Lowe remake the game with graphics and sound. Lowe thought that there was "no way" be could remake the game without making fun of it, saying "it's so behind the times it might as well be wearing a leisure suit." Hence, he and Mark Crowe created the Larry Laffer character, and wrote jokes poking fun at him whenever possible.
The games are sex comedies generally revolving around a middle-aged man named Larry Laffer trying to sleep with women, often unsuccessfully. In later titles, the focus shifted to Laffer's younger nephew, Larry Lovage, who underwent sexual escapades as well.
List of gamesEdit
- Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (1987)
- Leisure Suit Larry Goes Looking for Love (in Several Wrong Places) (1988)
- Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals (1989)
- Leisure Suit Larry 1 in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (1991)
- Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work (1991)
- Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out! (1993)
- Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! (1996)
Mobile phone gamesEdit
- Leisure Suit Larry's Sexy Pinball
- Leisure Suit Larry Bikini Beach Volley (2006)
- Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail Mobile (2007)
- Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude Mobile